Visual Literacy has produced a remarkable visualization resource you’ll want to check out. It’s called the Periodic Table of Visualization Methods, an interactive graphic that utilizes the periodic table of elements model to help you better understand the various types of visual models you might want to employ. Visual models included in the table: Data visualization – a visual representation of quantitative data in schematic form Information visualization – the use of interactive visual representations of data to amplify cognition Concept visualization – methods to elaborate (mostly) qualitative concepts, ideas, plans Strategy visualization – systematic use of complimentary visual representations in the analysis, development, formulation, communication, and implementation of strategies in organizations Metaphor visualization – positioning of information geographically for purposes of organization and structure; also conveys insight through the metaphor selected Compound visualization – different graphic representation formats used together Check out the Periodic Table of Visualization...Read More
Tag: Visual Communication
Receive exclusive access to members-only content, invitations to in-person and virtual events, and sneak peeks at new tools and emerging technologies. Join today!Join Now!
- The RoundUp: Emojis, Voice Interfaces, Conversational Commerce, and Artificial Intelligence
- The Power of Incrementalism in Content Marketing Strategy
- [May 31] DITA Summit: Best Practices and Lessons Learned From The Trenches
- Seven Habits of Highly Effective Technical Writers
- Digital Transformation: Information Development World