Rockley is the author of Managing Enterprise Content: A Unified Content Strategy, a best selling business content strategy book (now in its third printing) that is in use around the globe and is recognized as the defacto standard approach for managing enterprise content. Her firm publishes The Rockley Bulletin (an online newsletter dedicated to content management topics) and The Rockley Report (an online journal focused on content management best practices, case studies and more).
In this 40 minute interview, Johnson and Rockley discuss the changing face of technical communication and Rockley explains why organizations are increasingly taking a customer-centric view of their content creation and delivery processes.
- Web 2.0 trends for content management
- Customer-centric content management
- Card sorting and user-driven architecture
- Content-rating features and dynamic delivery
- Helping users find information in a CMS
- What DITA is and why it important
- Who DITA is right for
- Upcoming DITA plugin for bloggers
- Reasons for successes and failures with content management
- Syndicating RSS feeds in companies
- Breaking down information silos among departments
- The appeal of content management for Ann
Listen to the podcast (approximate time 40 minutes).