Documentation and Training 2007 EAST has a full line up of speakers and presentations to get your career moving in the right direction. The leading talents in the industry will be at DocTrain EAST, getting you up to speed on the latest trends and technologies in authoring, managing, designing, and delivering your valuable content.
This conference is our largest ever, spanning 5 days. Workshops and presentations revolve around eight customized tracks and a Management Summit (at no extra charge) designed to help documentation, training, and support center managers gain insight in to such things as metrics gathering, content quality management, return on investment calculations, software tool selection, and much more. Ben Martin, Senior Business Analyst with Flatiron Solutions will open the Management Summit and Rahel Bailie, President of Intentional Design will act as the moderator, helping to ensure that managers get their money’s worth from the exceptional line-up of Management Summit speakers.
Workshops and Conference Presentations
Included in the price of registration (Full Access Pass) are one and a half days of pre-conference workshops and an additional half-day post-conference workshops. For no additional charge, you can choose to attend four, half-day, hands-on workshops designed to teach you about the tools, technologies and standards that are becoming increasingly important to technical communication specialists and managers. Workshops include:
- Metadata, Taxonomies, and Information Architecture: Putting the Pieces Together to Create an Effective User Experience
- Games To Explain Human Factors: Come, Participate, Learn and Have Fun!!!
- Creating Interactive Video Documentation
- Writing for Reuse: Learning How To Write Modular Content for Reuse
- Introduction to Mobile User Experience Design
- Making Personas Work For Your Website
- Migrating from Unstructured to Structured FrameMaker (full day session, counts as two if your four workshops
- Introduction To Information Modeling With DITA
- Localization 101: How to Avoid Being Left Behind in a Global Economy and Global Job Market
- Understanding Information Architecture
- Understanding Simplified Technical English: How Controlled Authoring Provides Quality Assurance and Cost Savings for Translations and Technical Documentation
- Creating and Enabling Online Communities
- Understanding S1000D
- Moving Between Technical Writing and Training
- Building An XML Publishing System With DITA
The conference includes two full days of educational presentations and features four keynote speakers who will provide you with valuable advice designed to help you future-proof you (and your career). Keynote presenters include: David Platt, author of Why Software Sucks and What You Can Do About It; Ben Martin, Senior Business Analyst with Flatiron Solutions; Kelly Stirman, Technical Director at Mark Logic Corporation, and PG Bartlett, Vice President of Arbortext Product Management for PTC
The conference lineup includes a wide variety of topics including: component content management, globalization and localization, XML authoring, Web 2.0, and much more! You’ll want to spend some time browsing the program and presenters roster. Odds are, you’ll want to register to attend.
Can’t attend the entire event? Consider purchasing a Technology Showcase Pass
If you are shopping for new software tools … or just want to hang out in the expo area and check out software demos, booth presentations, and exhibitors’ offerings, you can. And, it won’t cost you an arm and a leg. Our Technology Showcase Pass–just $49 (before August 31, 2007)–offers access to:
- Keynote presentations, including our opening keynote
- Technology Showcase (vendor expo hall)
- Software Demonstration Track (all software demonstrations, all the time)
- Networking Cocktail Reception (October 18)
DocTrain EAST makes registration easy. Sign up now before your favorite presentations are full. DocTrain East takes place October 16-20, 2007. Adobe Systems and Astoria Software are the platinum sponsors of the event.