Are you looking to drum up some new business? Want to get more dollars from existing clients? Are you a starving writer?
White paper expert Michael A. Stelzner, author of Writing White Papers: How to Capture Readers and Keep Them Engaged, provides the following reasons white papers could dramatically increase your writing revenue:
1. Demand exceeds supply: There are not enough writers who know how to write white papers. Businesses are aggressively looking to write more white papers. Master the art and count your dollars.
2. You can charge more for a white paper: White papers help businesses generate leads and close sales-thus they are directly tied to revenue. For many businesses, only one or two sales from a white paper return the investment.
3. Businesses pay top dollar for white papers: Word for word, nothing beats a white paper. A good white paper writer charges between $3,000 and $10,000 for a 10-page white paper. This is the most lucrative writing business out there.
4. White papers can be multi-purposed: A well-written white paper can be converted into a contributed article or be used as content on a website. This adds more value to a white paper project.
5. Many businesses need multiple white papers: If you prove yourself with an excellent white paper, there is a high likelihood your client will want other white papers written. This can generate a consistent pipeline of work.
Stelzner, author of nearly 100 white papers for names such as Microsoft, FedEx and Motorola, says that every freelancer, journalist and budding writer needs to add white papers to their list of writing capabilities. Learn to master the art of writing white papers with Michael’s new book Writing White Papers: How to Capture Readers and Keep Them Engaged. The book is available in hardcover for $49.00 from WhitePaperSource Publishing.