Study.com is a technology company in Mountain View, CA that is on a mission to make education accessible. Study.com helps millions of students improve their grades, gain career skills and earn college credit. The company offers self-paced, online video courses that cover every subject taught in middle school through junior college as well as a growing suite of corporate learning and professional education products.
Study.com built their own platform from the ground up, leveraging data and technology to make the entire learning process simple and engaging for students. The company only hires top talent, so if you’re got mad content strategy skills and experience, check out the job description below and submit your application today.
Study.com Content Strategist
The Content Strategist will have the opportunity to contribute to the fastest-growing collection of lessons on the web by helping support contract instructors, writers, reviewers, and video editors. The Content Strategist will be involved in all aspects of online educational content creation.
- Manage day-to-day support operations for internal team and remote instructors, writers, reviewers, and video editors (e.g., responding to contractor questions, maintaining accurate records, removing blockers from team workflow)
- Develop training, documentation and style guides for instructors, reviewers, and in-house procedures
- Manage curriculum planning projects
- Research and plan new courses and lessons
- Work on a wide variety of projects in areas related to content marketing, hiring, copyediting, and QA
- Bachelor’s degree
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with competing deadlines and multiple priorities
- Fast learner who can troubleshoot and problem-solve independently
- Comfortable working in a cross-functional, team-oriented environment
- Experience teaching or with educational technology
- Experience with online video
- Understanding of SEO
- Experience with Content Management Systems
- Experience with curriculum planning
- Editorial experience