The trouble with companies is that they’re full of people, and people insist on having separate personalities and distinct voices. So it’s no wonder that issues of consistency and tone of voice creep into our...Read More
Author: Marcia Riefer Johnston
Marcia Riefer Johnston is the author of “Word Up! How to Write Powerful Sentences and Paragraphs (And Everything You Build from Them)” and “You Can Say That Again: 750 Redundant Phrases to Think Twice About.” She has run a technical-writing business for… a long time. She taught technical writing in the Engineering School at Cornell University and studied literature and creative writing in the Syracuse University Masters program under Raymond Carver and Tobias Wolff. Marcia lives in Portland, Oregon. Follow her on Twitter @MarciaRJohnston. For more, see http://Writing.Rocks.
Receive exclusive access to members-only content, invitations to in-person and virtual events, and sneak peeks at new tools and emerging technologies. Join today!Join Now!
- How to fuel creativity in the workplace
- WHAT STORYTELLING MEANS TO VOICE AND TONE STRATEGY
- Viewpoint: Patient-focused Healthcare Information Requires an Omnichannel Content Strategy
- Viewpoint: The Disconnect Between Content Strategy, Information Science, and Healthcare
- The Need for Plain Language in “Terms and Conditions”