Accessibility is the ease with which a person can make use of a product, process, service, or content. In the context of localization, making a product accessible means eliminating barriers of language, usability, disability, and technology. Some of the standards and initiatives that govern accessibility include the Americans with Disabilities Act (USA), Section 508 (USA), Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (global), Level Access (EU), and ICTA Global (International Commission on Technology and Accessibility).
Receive exclusive access to members-only content, invitations to in-person and virtual events, and sneak peeks at new tools and emerging technologies. Join today!Join Now!
- How to fuel creativity in the workplace
- WHAT STORYTELLING MEANS TO VOICE AND TONE STRATEGY
- Viewpoint: Patient-focused Healthcare Information Requires an Omnichannel Content Strategy
- Viewpoint: The Disconnect Between Content Strategy, Information Science, and Healthcare
- The Need for Plain Language in “Terms and Conditions”