The term document has multiple meanings in ordinary language and in scholarship. WordNet 3.1. lists four meanings (October 2011): document, written document, papers (writing that provides information) document (anything serving as a representation of a person’s thinking by means of symbolic marks) document (a written account of ownership or obligation) text file, document (a computer file that contains text using seven-bit ASCII characters).
Receive exclusive access to members-only content, invitations to in-person and virtual events, and sneak peeks at new tools and emerging technologies. Join today!Join Now!
- How to fuel creativity in the workplace
- WHAT STORYTELLING MEANS TO VOICE AND TONE STRATEGY
- Viewpoint: Patient-focused Healthcare Information Requires an Omnichannel Content Strategy
- Viewpoint: The Disconnect Between Content Strategy, Information Science, and Healthcare
- The Need for Plain Language in “Terms and Conditions”